Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Busy Busy Wednesday: BookExpo America!

Hi all!

I can't even express what an amazing day I had today. I am so tired, but I really wanted to share my experience with you guys. Today I had the chance to visit the BookExpo America at the Jacob Javits Center. It was by far.. THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE in the NYC (or ever)!!!!! I saw so many publishers and books I grew up with, like American Girl, Captain Underpants, Goosebumps. It was so awesome to be able to see it all in one place, meet some publishers, and authors. Here's some pics to share:

 
This year is the 20th Anniversary of Goosebumps, so Scholastic's booth had a 'Cake with R.L. Stine' event. Congratulations!!! I missed the morning book signing, but I was still able to get the book AND get a photo with R.L. Stine himself! I was sooooo excited! I grew up reading Goosebumps, and I even remember writing stories in Elementary school following his book layouts. I got a little emotional there (haha)..

 
So I was on a line at a booth waiting to get a new book that was debuting and some finger food they were serving, and behind me this guy says something, so I cracked a joke. It led to a whole conversation and now I'm apparently his new assistant! (lol) It turns out that he is Terry Maloney, from timessquare.com. He's a very cool guy, very funny too. He got us into a nice after-party event :D. 

 

They were serving mashed potatoes in a cocktail cup! Haha.. It was so cute! You get to choose between 3 mashed potatoes, then you pick whatever little toppings you want, and lastly you pick between 2 gravies. Oh man.. it was so delicious! On the right is the lovely Grand Central Station ^.^. It's just so grand.. and so pretty.. (lol).

That's all I have for today. I got so many books, it's crazy. Tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment in the AM (boohoo!), but afterwards it's back to the BookExpo and maybe work as well..   -sigh- 
Anyways, have a great night! Or morning.. or afternoon.. depending on where you are (lol). 

No comments:

Post a Comment