Friday, July 27, 2012

My Vancouver Adventure: Day Two!

Hi all!
Well, it's my 2nd full day here now and it's not like I've never been here before, I have. But this time I have almost a week to just hang out and actually see Vancouver! My bffle, C, is travelling with me this whole trip and we got here, we met up with the rest of our group who will be joining the trainin program too.

So yesterday, C and I headed for Aberdeen with a friend. At first, we took the skytrain in the wrong direction, but we made it to Aberdeen soon enough (haha). We wanted to go to Aberdeen for some dim sum, but I couldn't find the place I went to last time and we were starving so we just picked the first place we saw. We were walking in, then we realized... crap, no pushing carts.. only order forms in Chinese. And let's just say our ability to read is not the best... (ahaha). We pooled together what we knew and by guessing we managed to order 8/9 things correctly! (Haha...BOOYAH!) And the last one actually was better than what we thought it was^^. So props to us! (Lol)

After brunch, we walked around the mall a little bit and we found many anime shops (and I wanted to buy like the entire store, but it was too expensive :'(), which had really cool stuff. C and I also had to exchange money because we had no Canadian dollars left.

Right on the outside strip of the mall next to Aberdeen, YaoHan Centre, we found a currency exchange place who had a rate of 1 to 1 and with no service fee!!!! What a blessing from God! The whole day we were searching for a good place, but they were all .96 or .98 to the dollar and still had $2 or $4 service charge. I was so happy, I was dancing :D (lol!) The place is called Kingmark (Canada) Currency Exchange Inc. The staff was very nice and the exchange was super quick! They have 3 stores in Greater Vancouver. You can check them out at www.kingmark.ca.

We got back to the house we're staying in and our friend made some spaghetti for our dinner! YumYum!^^

I'm hoping to blog more pics so you can SEE more of my adventure! Happy Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment